- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.2kg Chicken Thigh Fillets, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger/dried
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 200g frozen green beans or frozen peas, carrots, corn (to add more veg)
- halved 270ml can coconut milk (optional)
- Steamed basmati rice & coriander, to serve.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add one-quarter of the chicken and cook, turning, for 3 mins or until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with the remaining oil and chicken
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until very soft. Stir in the garlic, ginger, cumin, mustard seeds, turmeric, garam masala and chilli powder and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock and add the chicken and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 30 mins.
- Add beans/peas, carrot, corn and cook, uncovered, for 3 mins or until just tender. Stir in the coconut milk if using and heat through.
- Serve with basmati rice